Friday, April 17, 2009

Ham in the Crockpot

This recipe is the best ham you could ever have, considering it's out of a crockpot and sooo easy! And that says a lot because I don't usually like ham and I REALLY don't like cherries, but I love this! It's compliments of Bettee Markins (sorry I don't know your married last name!). Make sure your ham says READY TO COOK and not FULLY COOKED and make sure you buy one that will fit into your crockpot!

Ham in the Crockpot

Ingredients:

1 butt portion ham, ready to cook, 7-8 lbs.
1 small can pineapple slices, drained
1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained
1 small bottle of honey

Method:

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Place ham, pointy side down into the crockpot. Dump cherries, pineapple and honey on top. Cover and cook on low for 6.5 hours. Check for doneness. Ham shouldn't need to cook more than 8 hours because it'll dry out.


The ingredients


In the crockpot, ready to cook!


I realize this isn't the most appealing picture, but it shows how tender the ham was when I took it out of the crockpot, literally falling off the bone!


All sliced up and ready to eat!

Verdict: This ham is fabulous! When I took it out of the crockpot, I kept the juices in a separate bowl that people could spoon over their own meat. It was incredibly tender and I was told it was the best ham ever! It's so easy you'd be crazy not to try it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi...I came across your blog and just had to let you know this ham recipe looks yummy! Hope you don't mind me giving it a try...I love all 7 of my crockpots, so I'm always looking for new recipes...Thanks! And my family thanks you...Brenda

    Your Home Connection

    ReplyDelete