Friday, April 17, 2009

Christen's Meatloaf

I'm not a fan of meatloaf. This is a recipe I've been cooking for years to rave reviews, therefore I'm not going to put a verdict because everyone has liked it for years. I call it meatloaf for people that don't like meatloaf. It's different. And sorry, I didn't take pictures of it, but I cooked it last night with a salad, instant potatoes and a can of turnip greens with some ham in it. Good stuff.

Meatloaf

Ingredients:

1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
1.5 tsp. salt
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 oz. can tomato sauce (I use roasted garlic flavor)
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP spicy brown mustard
1 egg
1 TBSP vinegar
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1.5 tsp Tony's Creole Seasoning

Method:

Mix meat, breadcrumbs, 1/2 tomato sauce, egg, cheese, salt, pepper and Tony's. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan. Poke small holes along the top. In a bowl, combine the remaining tomato sauce with the mustard, brown sugar and vinegar. Pour evenly over the loaf. Bake at 350 for 75 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment