Friday, May 15, 2009

Pimiento Cheese Stuffed Burgers

This is another recipe stolen from my friend who is the genius behind the blog Scrumptiously Sassy. She posted it and talked about how delicious this burger was and I admit, I was a skeptic. Pimiento cheese in a burger? Hmm... But I'm a good sport and willing to try new things so I did. I changed/added a few things too.

Pimiento Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Ingredients:

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Egg
Breadcrumbs
Salt
Tony's Creole Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Tiger Sauce
Worcestershire Sauce
4 Tablespoons Store-Bought Pimiento Spread
Hamburger Buns
Toppings as desired

Method:

In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce, a small touch of Tiger Sauce and the rest of the seasonings to taste. Add enough of the breadcrumbs to hold the meat together. Form into a ball and score into fourths. Take each fourth and form into a ball, then tear apart, making each half into a patty. Put 1 tablespoon pimiento spread in the middle of one, then press the other on top, sealing the edges. Do this for all four patties. Cook as desired and serve on hamburger buns with your desired toppings.


Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but you get the idea!

Verdict: Delicious!! I am no longer a skeptic and will definitely be making this again soon. For our toppings we used Cabot Vermont White Sharp Cheddar, pickles, and grilled onions, along with mayo and mustard. I have a recipe for homemade pimiento cheese that is fantastic, I just didn't have time to make it. I may try that next time just to see how it turns out, but this was fantastic!! Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks! Your changes sounds really, really good. I'm still waiting for the pimento cheese recipe whenever you get a chance to find it!

    ReplyDelete