Friday, January 30, 2009

Crack in a Cup

As I write this post, I'm enjoying the latest delicacy known as "Crack in a Cup." No, crack is not involved and it doesn't mean chipped china either! Crack in a Cup is something I came across online one day on a message board for new moms (I'm a new mom). It's sort of a make at home version of the instant one-serving microwave desserts mass-produced and available at your local supermarket. Only you have the stuff to make this at home, it's simple and I'm sure variations could be made. Unfortunately I forgot my camera behind on my latest trip home to visit family, so I am unable to take pictures at this time. I think you can imagine the beauty of it though. Ready to get addicted?

Crack in a Cup

Chocolate mug cake = crack in a cup

1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
Sprinkle of baking powder
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon oil
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well .
Pour in the milk, vanilla and oil and mix well.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on high.

If you're feeling wild, go ahead and add a squirt of whipped topping or a scoop of ice cream.

Verdict:
Oh.My.God. For a cake that takes less than 1 minute to make in a coffee mug, it's pretty darn good. Sure it's not as good as that sinful dessert all of us Carnival Cruisers enjoyed so much, but it's pretty darn good. I went crazy and added the whipped topping. I'm thinking interesting variations would be to maybe add some chocolate chips, some of those Andes chocolate mint pieces or even peanut butter chips. Super delish for stuff you had laying around the house anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment